Nuffnang

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Iron Man 2 - A simple Review

First of all, I want to thank Joshua Yu for the passes (and to Fjordz for accompanying me even if he just watched it a few minutes earlier with other bloggers as part of an LG event in the Greenbelt 3 MyCinema).

So, what did I think of the movie? First, I thought that the first Iron Man film was awesome, so expectations for the 2nd film were a bit high.

As what a good person stated on his Facebook, Sequels rarely exceed the old version. Iron Man, still for me, has a bigger impact on me than this one. However, that does not take away the fact that it is still an awesome movie.

So, what did I like in the movie? For starters, Robert Downey, Jr. fits the role of Tony Stark like a glove like Tony to his suit. He really has that knack. I just this his bad boy image back in the day (he did go to rehab, you know). Don Cheadle was a suitable replacement for Terence Howard. It was also nice to see Mickey Rourke being a natural as Ivan Vanko (a.k.a. Whiplash). The idea of him having to speak Russian and that pet bird was his idea. And of course, this girl:


Of course, the little nuggets within the movie are also its stars. Comic fans / geeks / nerds would have a field day looking for Easter Eggs, as what director Jon Favreau once said. The biggest Easter Egg is the one you have to finish the credits in order to see.

There was that sentiment that a lack of oomph was present during the different sequences. But then again, it must be the inevitable comparison to the first film. Anyhow, I would rather consider this as a continuation to the Marvel Storyline that is taking place.

Still, you can take the movie as what it is worth, a good thrill ride with lots of good stuff for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment